How To Build A Wardrobe
Trying to figure out how to build a wardrobe for very little money? It's possible. Building a wardrobe can easily cost hundreds, or even thousands of dollars. But by selecting simple pieces that are interchangeable, you can learn how to build a wardrobe that can be worn virtually all year long.
- Go neutral. Bold colors can quickly go out of style, leaving you with clothing that is out dated. Your best bet when learning how to build a wardrobe, is to stick with neutral color clothing that won't fade, and will be easy to mix and match. Khaki, tan, white, black, silver, and even light blue or green shades are all timeless neutral shades that won't go out of style.
- Select classic pieces. Don't fall victim to whatever the latest trend may be. Chances are, the trend won't last very long and your wardrobe will be useless. Instead, select classic pieces that NEVER go out of style. Jeans, khakis, polos, button ups, and so on, are always casual, comfortable, and in style.
- Don't skimp. Since you won't be filling your closet with lots of clothes, don't skimp on the clothing that you do buy. You want well made pieces that will be durable and not fade, rip, or tear easily. You can learn how to build a wardrobe by thinking of your clothing as an investment.
- Layer. Layering your outfits is a chic way to dress, and it allows you to look fresh and updated through the entire day. Cardigans, pull overs, and vests are all the type of clothing you will need to successfully layer your clothing.
- Splurge on one outfit. Everyone should have that one 'go to' outfit in their closet that they turn to for a special occasion. When learning how to build a wardrobe, be sure to include that one 'power piece' that you can wear for an impromptu get-together or event.