Knowing how to build a wet bar is a great bit of information to know, especially for those that are more socially inclined. If you love parties, bars and pools, a wet bar is the perfect project for you to put your time into. However, many people may be hesitant on building a wet bar since it may seem time-consuming and costly. However, this is not necessarily the case. All that you have to do is follow a certain set of guidelines and a wet bar is right in your grasp.
Things you'll need:
- Basic tools such as a hammer, saw, screwdriver and glue gun
- Appropriate material for the bar (something akin to a kitchen counter)
- Stools, seats, chairs
- Proper plumbing supplies if you are hooking up a sink (optional)
- The first thing you will need to do is make sure you have a place to put the bar. You cannot have a wet bar without somewhere for it to go. Most people like to have one that is located near an outdoor pool, but there are other places where your wet bar might work as well. You can put a wet bar anywhere in the house where you have space can work. Some people even put their wet bars inside small bodies of water, though this is usually more of a headache.
- The next thing to do is purchase a kitchen-esque counter for the wet bar. Usually, kitchen counters that make minimal or no use of wood are the best options, as wood is very easy to destroy with water. Having a kitchen counter with a solid granite or stone top is usually the best choice. This is because no matter how careful you are, it is always possible for you to spill drinks and too much exposure to liquid on the surface of wood can result in some very heavy distortion of the wood.
- Add all of your shelving. The shelving is where you will be keeping all of the bottles, glasses and accessories, so they need to be very sturdy. Again, make sure that you double check what materials you are using for this part. The material you use should be solid and easy to handle.
All that is left to do now is to add the drinks to the bar and you should be set. Once you have all of the materials, this project shouldn’t take more than a few hours. Just make sure you follow the guidelines and you will have no problems.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?