Learning how to build a windmilll is a complicated procedure that, when done correctly, can be very rewarding. If you want to learn how to build your own windmilll, look no further. This tutorial will help you to build a windmilll that you can be proud of when you look at the finished project.
What you need:
- A windmilll kit
- Basic tools
- Simple construction knowlidge
- Get a good windmilll kit. Unless you have serious skills with a router, you will be much better off getting a kit before you try to build a windmilll on your own. This is also a good time to look at what kind of windmill you want to build. If you are looking to build a windmill to harness power, you are going to have to consult a licensed electrician who is experienced in building a windmilll for use. You should do this before you buy a kit since several other factors will come into play.
- Assemble the base frame for your windmill. Unless your kit says to specifically, do not add any of the front or side paneling to the kit at this point in building your windmill.
- Assemble your turning and crank shaft mechanisim, following the instructions in the kit. Once this is done, you can mount it to the back of the case and the top of the frame. Be sure that it is securly in place. Once it is mounted, test the mechanisim. If it does not work, make sure that all of your gears are in the correct place and they can turn easily.
- Add on the front and side panels. Attach them with good quality nails and be sure to sync the heads. Put putty into the holes and let it dry. Once it dries, sand the piece down. You may then paint or sand it as you see fit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.