How To Build Wood Skateboard Ramps
Learning how to build wood skateboard ramps is not too difficult. With a few boards, and some two by fours for framing, anyone can make an awesome jump that can provide great fun for skateboarders. To undertake this project, you will have to have a basic understanding of tool use and craftsmanship. The following is some advice on how to build a wood skateboard ramp.
How to Build a Wood Skateboard Ramp: Materials
- Six wide hardwood boards
- Two by fours (about two or three should be fine)
- Powered saw
How to Build a Wood Skateboard Ramp:
- First, buy everything that you will need to begin the project. These supplies should be available at any home improvement or construction supply store.
- Cut the wide hardwood boards to the length that you want your ramp to be. About six feet for each can make a nice ramp off of which skaters can perform tricks.
- Make the frame of the back, elevated part of the ramp. Make a rectangle that is as wide as the width of all six boards and as tall as you want the back end of your ramp to be. If you have momentum when skating up onto it, a ramp that is about two or three feet high can be a lot of fun.
- Cut two two by fours to the overall width (of the six boards, which will lay on this frame), and then cut about six two by fours to the height. Assemble the rectangular back frame, which has a top and bottom, and studs, cut to the height between these two longer boards that represent the width of the ramp.
Nail the tops of the six hardwood boards to this rectangular frame, and a nice skateboard ramp, made of wood, results.
Learning how to build a wood skateboard ramp is not too hard, and it should not take too long. Once done, have some fun using the ramp to do skateboarding tricks at home.