You want to know how to build a wooden baseball mound. It is a simple job and can save you a good amount of money. You will have to be handy with tools and be able to follow directions if you want to build a wooden baseball mound.
Things You Will Need:
- 2 8’ 2×10’s
- 1 4’ 2×10
- 1 4’ 2×4
- 1 sheet 3×4” plywood
- A saw (hand or power)
- A piece of outdoor carpet
- 1’ 1×4
- Measure 1’ at the end of both 8’ 2×10’s and mark them. From the mark, cut an angle down to two inches on both pieces of wood. This will give you a seven-foot slope on the two pieces of wood. This will be your two sides and the two 1’ pieces of wood will be your platform for your wooden baseball mound.
- Nail one 4’ 2×10 to the rear of the two-sloped pieces of wood. This will be the back part of the frame of your wooden baseball mound.
- Nail the 4’ 2×4 in between the sides at the front of the mound. This will complete the frame for your wooden baseball mound.
- Cut the plywood to fit on top of the frame. Nail the plywood to the frame of your wooden baseball mound.
- Staple an outdoor carpet to the top of your wooden baseball mound. Screw a 1’ 1×4 to the top of the wooden baseball mound and use it for the rubber. You are finished building your wooden pitching mound. It is time to play baseball.
- If you use a power saw, be careful. Safety should always be number one on your list.
- Cut everything correctly so your wooden baseball mound will look professional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.