You want to know how to build a wooden baseball mound. It is a simple job and can save you a good amount of money. You will have to be handy with tools and be able to follow directions if you want to build a wooden baseball mound.
Things You Will Need:
- 2 8’ 2×10’s
- 1 4’ 2×10
- 1 4’ 2×4
- 1 sheet 3×4” plywood
- A saw (hand or power)
- A piece of outdoor carpet
- 1’ 1×4
- Measure 1’ at the end of both 8’ 2×10’s and mark them. From the mark, cut an angle down to two inches on both pieces of wood. This will give you a seven-foot slope on the two pieces of wood. This will be your two sides and the two 1’ pieces of wood will be your platform for your wooden baseball mound.
- Nail one 4’ 2×10 to the rear of the two-sloped pieces of wood. This will be the back part of the frame of your wooden baseball mound.
- Nail the 4’ 2×4 in between the sides at the front of the mound. This will complete the frame for your wooden baseball mound.
- Cut the plywood to fit on top of the frame. Nail the plywood to the frame of your wooden baseball mound.
- Staple an outdoor carpet to the top of your wooden baseball mound. Screw a 1’ 1×4 to the top of the wooden baseball mound and use it for the rubber. You are finished building your wooden pitching mound. It is time to play baseball.
- If you use a power saw, be careful. Safety should always be number one on your list.
- Cut everything correctly so your wooden baseball mound will look professional.
Major League Baseball opens its season today. Do you care? If you’re like most Americans under the age of 50, probably n ...
Clearly, MLB needs changes to catch up to the modern man. We’ve got a few ideas. And yes, one of them involves swimsuit ...
Every man likes to think of themselves as some kind of builder. As soon as a household chore is requested, these men can ...