You want to know how to build a wooden baseball mound. It is a simple job and can save you a good amount of money. You will have to be handy with tools and be able to follow directions if you want to build a wooden baseball mound.
Things You Will Need:
- 2 8’ 2×10’s
- 1 4’ 2×10
- 1 4’ 2×4
- 1 sheet 3×4” plywood
- A saw (hand or power)
- A piece of outdoor carpet
- 1’ 1×4
- Measure 1’ at the end of both 8’ 2×10’s and mark them. From the mark, cut an angle down to two inches on both pieces of wood. This will give you a seven-foot slope on the two pieces of wood. This will be your two sides and the two 1’ pieces of wood will be your platform for your wooden baseball mound.
- Nail one 4’ 2×10 to the rear of the two-sloped pieces of wood. This will be the back part of the frame of your wooden baseball mound.
- Nail the 4’ 2×4 in between the sides at the front of the mound. This will complete the frame for your wooden baseball mound.
- Cut the plywood to fit on top of the frame. Nail the plywood to the frame of your wooden baseball mound.
- Staple an outdoor carpet to the top of your wooden baseball mound. Screw a 1’ 1×4 to the top of the wooden baseball mound and use it for the rubber. You are finished building your wooden pitching mound. It is time to play baseball.
- If you use a power saw, be careful. Safety should always be number one on your list.
- Cut everything correctly so your wooden baseball mound will look professional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...