Knowing how to burn Avchd to Bluray can make it easier to get your high definition content to play on standard Bluray players. Avchd (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) is a format associated with the recording and playback of high definition content. Many HD camcorders record video in this format, so if you have ever wanted to play your Avchd files on a Bluray player, this simple guide will help you.
To begin, you will need the following items:
- A Bluray burner
- A blank Bluray disc
- Burning Software
- Avchd Files/Folders
- Insert a blank Bluray disc into the Bluray burner. Make sure the Bluray disc is blank; otherwise your Avchd will not copy or you will receive errors during the burning process. Close the Bluray player and confirm that the disc is empty.
- Start your burning software. Please note that this step will be different depending on what type of burning software you use. However, in order to burn an Avchd to Bluray you need to copy specific files from your hard drive to the Bluray disc, so once the burning software has loaded locate and select the “Write Files/Folders to disc” option. This will open another window where you can browse for and import your Avchd files and folders.
- Import your Avchd files and folders. In order to burn your Avchd file to a Bluray you will need to import the corresponding folders. Click on the “Browse for a folder” button/icon and locate your BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. These folders comprise your Avchd file and are necessary in order for the Bluray to be played back on a standard Bluray player. Click “OK” to import them. Please note that these folders need to be placed in the root directory of the Bluray disc.
- UDF 2.50 file system. Avchd files require that you use the UDF 2.50 file system In order to be played back on stand-alone Bluray players. By default, most burning software uses the ISO format file system, so you will need to manually change the setting to UDF. Locate your "Options" tab/window and change the file system to UDF 2.50.
- Set the correct destination drive. If you have more than one CD/DVD/Bluray burner installed in your computer, make sure the correct one is selected.
- Click the burn icon. Click the "Burn" button/icon. This will initiate the burning process.
- Wait for the software to finish burning your Avchd files. This may take several minutes to complete depending on the speed of your burner and the size of the files you are burning. When it is complete a window will pop up informing you that the operation has successfully completed. Click “OK” to close the window and eject the Bluray disc.
- Test it out. You can now test out your newly burned Avchd file. Insert the Bluray disc into any Bluray player and enjoy your HD content!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?