Anyone looking to lose weight wants to know how to burn calories fast. The key to burning calories is to lose more calories than you consume on a daily basis. This may seem like a daunting task, but tweaking your day to day life can have a major impact on how many calories you burn. You also may be burning more calories than you think.
Some simple changes that can help you burn more calories are:
- If you vacuum around your house for 25 minutes, it'll burn around 100 calories.
- Tending your garden can burn around 100 calories in fifteen minutes.
- If you drink a glass of ice cold water before you work out, it can help burn 100 extra calories from warming up.
- The more you drink green tea the more your metabolism increases, which means that you'll burn more calories.
- Swing your arms when you walk.
- Walking an extra fifteen minutes can burn 100 extra calories.
- Take a nap. You can burn 70 calories just by taking a 30 minute nap.
- Wax and wash your own car. You can burn over 250 calories by doing these tasks at home, not to mention how much money you'll save.
- Take more vitamin D. If you are deficient in vitamin D, it could make you lose weight slower.
- Stand more often.
- Eat more fiber. Foods loaded with fiber will keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Take the stairs more often.
- You can burn up to 100 calories in 25 minutes if you iron your clothes.
- Fifteen minutes of using a jump rope can 100 calories.
It's easy to make these small changes to your daily life. Just moving a little more each day can burn a couple of calories, and that can add up. Walking a couple of extra steps or drinking water instead of soda can help you lose weight. Losing weight may seem like a daunting task, but it can be a lot easier if done properly, so make sure you talk to your doctor before starting any sort of weight loss plan.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.