How To Buy 30 And 40's Jewelry
Are you trying to figure out how to buy 30 and 40's jewelry but are unsure of where to find such items for ones collection? The 30's and 40's jewelry that were the most popular during that time frame are known as art deco and retro jewelry. Being able to find true art deco or retro jewelry can be rather easy if a jewelry collector knows in what locations to look through. The chances of finding these types of jewelry are a matter of perfect timing and luck.
- Estate Sales/garage sales. Many estate sales offer a wide range of jewelry to go through. Depending upon the person's collection of jewelry there might be a few pieces of 30's and 40's jewelry throughout the sale. Although it might be a hit or miss chance in finding the type or jewelry that one is looking for, the asking price for the jewelry might be way under what one would pay from going through a jewelry collector. To find estate sales look in ones local newspaper or on Craigslist.
- EBay. EBay is filled with thousands of listings for 30's and 40's jewelry. This allows a jewelry shopper to browse from the comfort of their own home and see what type of selections are available. Be careful of potential scams, as some sellers might be trying to pass off fake art deco or retro jewelry. Read through the description carefully, ask questions to the seller, and always as for pictures.
- Ask at the local jewelry store. Many local jewelry stores will know of jewelry collectors or sellers that are available. Although the jewelry in the store might be current these sales people might know of a potential seller to direct a buyer to.
- Pawn Shops. Pawn shops offer a wide range of 30's and 40's jewelry that people have pawned off. There is no guarantee that there will be any specific type of jewelry available but it is always a good idea to take a look at what selection is offered. As with EBay the selection of available jewelry will vary depending upon what was pawned off recently.
- Craigslist. Although similar to EBay, Craigslist has a section of selling goods such as jewelry. Craigslist gives the buyer the opportunity to find a seller locally. By having a local seller one can actually ask to see the jewelry in person, and there is less of a chance of running into a scam or fake art deco jewelry.
Finding true 30's and 40's jewelry is a matter of perfect timing and luck. With the right amount of persistence one will be able to find the exact piece of jewelry that they are looking for.