How To Buy A Bass Guitar
When you are going to buy a bass guitar, make sure you take the time to educate yourself on how to buy a bass guitar that is right for you. There are many different brands you can choose from, and the price will vary depending on the model you pick. If you are on a tight budget, or if you have the time, try several different places before you buy a bass guitar. You may be able to find the guitar you want on sale, which will save you some money.
Have on hand:
- computer with internet connection
- music store listings
- Look on the internet for an online music store that sells bass guitars. Use a search engine to help you find a website. Go through the available inventory on the website, and see if you can find the guitar you want. Be sure to find out how much the shipping cost is, and if you need an amplifier, remember to search for one before you buy a bass guitar. You may be able to get a discount, depending on the total amount of your purchase.
- Visit a local music store to buy a bass guitar. Ask a sales person to help you make your choice, if necessary. See if you can buy a guitar that is on sale, and find out if you can get an amp at a discount as well. Write down the total cost of the purchase, and then check a few other stores to see if you can get a better deal.
- If you know a musician who plays guitar, ask them where they buy their merchandise. They may be able to steer you in the right direction. Ask them how much they paid for their guitar and when and where they bought it. You may have to travel to a different city, if the bass guitar you want is not available locally.
- Some bands list the music equipment they use on their website. If you see a bass guitar you like on a band’s website, check with your local music store, or search at an online store to find it. You will probably have to pay more if you want to buy the kind of bass guitar a professional uses, but if you intend to play a lot, it may be worth spending the extra money.