Want to learn how to buy clip-on sunglasses? For people who wear corrective eyewear, clip-on sunglasses are a great alternative to lugging around a pair of prescription sunglasses. Compact in design and easy to attach when and as needed, clip-on sunglasses are often inexpensive, making it easy to keep a pair in the car, at the office, and anywhere else you go on a regular basis. There are a few things to keep in mind if you want to learn how to buy clip-on sunglasses and get the most for your money. Here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Look closely at the style. The idea is to buy clip-on sunglasses that work well with your existing prescription frames. Don’t buy round clip-ons if you have square frames or vice versa. Keeping the look more or less uniform will make you look much more together and coordinated.
- Buy clip-on sunglasses that fit. Ideally, the sunglasses should completely cover your glasses, but not hang over a great deal. At the same time, avoid clip-ons that barely cover your prescription lenses and leave your frames exposed. The idea is to choose clip-on sunglasses that seem to be a part of your regular glasses, not something that is an obvious and ill-fitting addition.
- Decide what type of clip is best for your situation. Some clip-on sunglasses feature a design that has four clips around the rim of each lens, making it possible to secure them on your regular frames. Other designs have a clip on each side of the nosepiece that holds the clip-ons firmly in place. If you go with the nosepiece clips, make sure they are not long enough to obscure your vision, or to scratch your lenses.
- Make sure the clip-ons provide adequate protection. Cheap clip-on sunglasses rarely protect your eyes from harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays, even though they do make things a little darker. Spend a little extra and get a set that does offer the protection you need. In the long run, your eyes will thank you.
- Look closely at what you get for the price. A large price tag does not necessarily mean better quality. You may be paying for a name or a design that is part of the latest fad. Instead, make sure any clip-on sunglasses that you seriously consider have everything you need, and at a price you can easily afford.
Tips and Warnings
- You may want to work with your optometrist or ophthalmologist to determine exactly what you need in the way of clip-on sunglasses. This is especially true if your corrective lenses do more than simply compensate for the usual vision defects.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.