How To Buy Discount Cycling Gear
Finding out how to buy discount cycling gear can save you some money. Make a list of all the gear you need, and work up a budget. Prioritize the list and then decide how much you can afford to spend on each item. If you check online before you go to a local cycling store, you can get an idea of how much the gear you need costs. The store may be more expensive, so you can either buy discount cycling gear online or negotiate with a store salesman to match the price.
- Search online to find discount cycling gear. Write down the prices you find for each piece of equipment you need. Check different brands to see if any of the items are on sale. You may also want to contact the online vendor if they do not have any of the gear you need listed on the website, since they may be able to place a special order.
- Visit a cycling store to buy discount cycling gear. Compare the prices you found online with what the store is offering. If the store is more expensive, try to negotiate the price and see if the salesman will make you a deal. You may not be able to buy all of the discount cycling gear you need from one store, so be prepared to check with multiple shops.
- Try a discount sporting goods store. The store may not have the exact bike or helmet that you want, but there may be some apparel you can buy for cycling. You will at least get an idea of the cost of the clothing, so you can compare the prices with an online source.
- Buy discount cycling gear from a catalog. Many companies offer specials that you can take advantage of. See if you can find the gear you need for a better price than what is offered online or at a local cycle store.
- Ask other riders where they shop for cycling gear. If you see a bike you like, find out where the rider bought it. Ask him if you can try out the bicycle to see if it is a good fit for your riding style. Check the price of the rider’s equipment source with the online store or cycling shop, and see which vendor has the best deal.