How To Buy A Ferrari Online
Before you go to a dealership, you may want to consider finding out how to buy a Ferrari online. There are many websites that have new and used Ferraris for sale. Research the value of the model you want to buy, which will help you to negotiate the purchase price. Contact your banker to arrange financing, unless you are paying cash for the car. Remember to also find out how much the auto insurance is, so you know what the total monthly cost is for your new Ferrari.
- Search for a Ferrari online, and find one that is for sale in your price range. If you do not want to buy from a private seller, choose a Ferrari that is listed online by a dealership. Decide if you can afford a new Ferrari, or if you will have to buy a used one since the price is too high.
- Determine the book value before you buy a Ferrari online. Find a car valuation website and plug in the car's information to generate a pricing report. A new car report will have a dealer invoice price and the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). A used car valuation report usually has a range of prices, including the rough, average and clean trade-in values, as well as the used retail price.
- Compare the online asking price to the book value price. When you buy a Ferrari online, the closer you get to the dealer invoice price for a new car, the better the deal. If you are buying a used Ferrari, the closer you get to the rough trade-in value, the better the deal.
- Contact the seller and negotiate the purchase price. Even though you are not physically at a dealership, you will still have to haggle with the seller when you buy a Ferrari online. Make a lowball offer based on your research, and expect a counteroffer from the seller. If you can negotiate a favorable purchase price, tell the seller you will be back in touch once the financing is in place. Make sure to get all of the specifics on the car, including the seller’s name and address, to give to the bank lender.
- Call your lender and tell him you are buying a Ferrari online. Give him the car's information so he can tell you the amount the bank will lend on this particular model. Find out the exact down payment the lender needs, and arrange to have the funds available at the loan closing. Close on the loan, and find out how soon the lender can send the funds to the seller to finalize the purchase.
- Arrange to take delivery of the Ferrari. Have the vehicle shipped to you, or go to the seller’s location. Once you have taken delivery, inspect the Ferrari to make sure it is in the condition the seller promised. Call your banker and let him know that you have taken delivery of the Ferrari. Also, get in touch with your insurance agent and add the car to your auto policy.