How To Buy Gold
Want to learn how to buy gold? Its easy. What a lot of people neglect to do is to first find out what the current spot price for gold is and then work from there. It is important to know so that you are aware if you are getting a good price on gold or not. In this article you will understand better what key things need to be analyzed before you by any gold.
Buying gold Jewelry: Understand what gold karats mean and how the system works
- 10 karat = 41.6% actual gold content
- 14 karat = 58.4% actual gold content
- 8 karat = 75% actual gold content
- 24 karat = 100% actual gold content
- Check for Markings: Make sure that the gold jewelry you buy has stampings or markings indicating the karat. It is usually on the clasp of the gold jewelry piece. If it is not on the jewelry then chances are it is not real gold or it was made in a foreign country. Not all foreign countries require that goldsmith's place markings on their gold jewelry.
- Ask gold to be tested by store: If you have any doubts about the validity of the gold then make sure to have it thoroughly tested before you leave the store. But this won't do any good if you do not know what you are suppose to be looking for so this will take some homework of your own too.
- Fast Fact: Gold is not attracted to magnets.
- Get a guarantee: Always get at least a 30 day guarantee on the gold you buy just in case the gold is not real or is poorly made and breaks on you. It doesn't matter how reputable the company you purchase from is, even the best make mistakes.
- A little extra: Many people don't realize that can get a lot more for their money if they just ask. Below are the extra things you can get with your jewelry purchases at many stores.
- Free gift box
- Free cleaning and shining of your newly bought jewelry.