How To Buy Jeans for Men
Knowing how to buy jeans for men can sometimes seem like an overwhelming task. So many fits, styles and materials to choose from. So many different sizes. How to choose? With a few hints, you can take home the perfect jean.
- Get Measured. Men's clothing is sized by specific measurement. Buying jeans for men requires the proper measurements be taken prior to your shopping trip. Both waist and inseam measurements are needed.
- Find the right size. The measurements that allow you to buy jeans for men in the right size are found on the inside tag. The waist measurement is listed first followed by the length of the leg or inseam measurement.
- Give yourself room to breathe. When buying jeans for men, consider giving an inch in the waist size. Using the exact measurement may lead to the jeans being uncomfortable for sitting for long periods of time.
- Choose a fit for body shape. Skinny jeans will not look good on a heavier man nor will baggy cut jeans look good on a skinny man. When buying jeans for men, always consider the shape of their body. If a man is very tall, skinny or slim cut jeans will make them appear taller, while baggy or loose cut jeans will make a short man appear shorter.
- The material should match the occasion. If you are buying jeans for men simply for daily use, select those made from all natural fibers for comfort. Jeans purchased for special occasions may call for blended materials that are stiffer and will not wrinkle.
Posted on: Apr. 04, 2010