Looking to figure out how to buy a jet ski? There are many of these fast watercraft available but they're not always coming cheap! Knowing a few tips will help you narrow down your jet ski purchase.
- Research jet ski models on the Internet. Jet skis come in many different styles and have different functions—each manufacturer has a multitude of options so jet skis can be customized right down to your specifications. Look at Honda, Sea-Doo, Kawasaki websites for three of the leaders in jet ski production.
- Think about how many people you expect to have with you. If you're planning on riding the jet ski with your girlfriend and another couple, a four seater is for you but, if it's just you who will be using the jet ski, a two seater will suffice. If you expect to ever have another person on board though, opt for the three seater where there will be more seat storage and room to stretch out.
- Look online at Kelly Blue Book and research pricing. If you're buying from a private party, settle for a price somewhere between the full retail (what you'd expect to pay at a dealership) and the trade in value (what the seller could reasonably expect if they were trading in). If you agree to meet in the middle, it's a win-win situation for you both. You'll also need though to consider in the amount of hours on the motor. Anything over 100 hours is a fair amount for a jet ski. The less hours on the motor, the better.
- If you can, buy in winter. Jet ski prices will be less in the winter, after the last summer season than they will in April or May of the following year.
- Ask to see all maintenance paperwork. To be properly maintained, jet skis must be serviced after the summer season. A seller who has the paperwork has probably meticulously maintained the watercraft.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."