Knowing how to buy a lobster boat involves a little more than seeing a boat you like and making the purchase. You will need to educate yourself about lobster boats prior to making your purchase. One must take certain precautions prior to purchasing a boat to make sure the boat is seaworthy and worth the asking price.
To buy a lobster boat, you will need:
- Boat-buying check list
- A pen
- A notebook
- Educate yourself about lobster boats. Once you have decided to buy a lobster boat, you will want to educate yourself about lobster boats. Learn about the styles, sizes and features a lobster boat comes with or any extra features you may be looking for. It is also wise to know boating terms prior to looking for a lobster boat to buy.
- Decide on a budget. Prior to purchasing a lobster boat, it's best to figure out what’s within your budget. This will help you narrow down the list of the lobster boats you need to look at. When making a purchase, keep in mind that when you purchase from a private seller you will find better prices, but you may fall under "buyer beware" and "as is" conditions.
- Make a checklist. Prior to seeing any boat, you will need to make a checklist of the items you are seeking in your lobster boat. On your checklist you will want to make sure you list things like whether there is an oil or transmission fluid smell, whether there is oil in the water around the boat, have there been any repairs made to the boat, is there any substance in the bilge area, and so on. Your checklist should serve as a reminder to you to check for certain issues that could present problems to you as a future owner. Ensure you have a checklist for each boat you look at.
- Ask questions. When you are buying a lobster boat it is important that you ask questions. Some sample questions you should ask include, "What is covered by the warranty?" and "Can I take the boat for a test run?"
- Have the boat surveyed. Having the boat surveyed will alert you to any problems that boat may contain. Make sure to have a reputable marine surveyor complete the surveying. This survey can also help you work out a price on the boat for sale if there are any problems that will need to be fixed.
- Take notes. Prior to making offers you should always take notes and think on them prior to making any fast decisions about buying a lobster boat. Use your checklist and your notes prior to making an offer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How to Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, master these skills. (Yes, several are car-related.)