Wondering how to buy a watch battery replacement for a Nike watch? The first thing you need to do is to find the type of battery it uses and purchase a new one. The easiest way to do this is to take the watch to a jeweler and have their watchmaker replace the battery. If you do not wish to do this, you will have to find the battery type yourself.
Items which may be needed:
- Jewelers loupe
- Watchmakers case knife
- Watchmakers screwdrivers
- Case back wrench
- Nike watch manual
- Read manual. If you have the manual, read it. It may tell you what watch battery you need. If so, move on to step five. If not, move on to the next step.
- Inspect watch back. Some watches will have the battery type needed imprinted on the case back. Occasionally, this lettering is very fine and indistinct. In this case, a jewelers loupe may be of help. If the battery type is imprinted on the back of the watch, move on to step five.
- Remove case back. Use the appropriate tools and remove the case back. If there are screws holding it on, use the screwdrivers. If there are a series of regularly spaced slots on the back itself, use the case back wrench if there is a sideways slot along the edge of the case back and the case it is a press fit case back. Use the case knife, which is similar to opening an oyster, and twist it sideways slowly along the edge to pop off the back. No matter what you use, take great care not to slip and scratch the back.
- Remove battery. Locate and carefully remove the battery. You may have to remove a retention device with a screwdriver or tweezers, or simply slip the battery out from under a finger. Take care not to damage the retention device and to note how the battery is in place. It is important to replace the battery exactly the same way.
- Buy battery. Take the battery or the battery number to a store and buy a replacement. Occasionally, you will not find the same number but will be referred to a suitable replacement. You can also order batteries online by using the Energizer cross reference to find the proper replacement.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...