How To Buy The Perfect Tennis Raquet
Here are instructions for how to buy the perfect tennis raquet. Buy the perfect tennis racket so you can play your best. Whether you're just starting out playing tennis as a new sport as an adult or you're a youngster who plans to take tennis lessons, using the right tennis racket is key to performing well.
To buy the perfect tennis racket, you will need:
- tennis rackets to hold and choose from
- an experienced tennis pro or player who can give advice based on how you play tennis
- Look at the various tennis rackets for sale. Pick some up and become familiar with how they feel in your hands.
- Choose a child's racket. For a child who weighs less than 85 pounds, buy the longest child's tennis racket possible. This will extend your reach and when you transition to an adult-sized racket, it will be closer in size than a shorter tennis racket.
- Choose an adult racket. If you weigh 85 pounds or more, buy an adult-sized tennis racket.
- Test the grip. Hold various tennis rackets in your hands to see how the handle grip feels. It should be comfortable and not too large for your hands.
- Test out the racket to see how you swing the racket. A control racket is best for power players who have long, aggressive swings. Finesse players on the other hand take slower swings and shorter, more compact strokes so can use a power racket. This balances your game to accommodate for your natural swinging tendencies.
- Choose a tennis racket by head size. A racket with a large head gives you more power, and a racket with a smaller head size gives you better control.
- Ask a pro or older player for advice. If you're new to tennis, ask someone more experienced what they look for in a tennis racket. You may save yourself headaches and injury by using someone else's knowledge about the sport.