How To Buy A Road Bike
If you want to know how to buy a road bike, first think about what you will be using your bike for. Will you be riding exclusively on roads, or will you want to try out some trails? Even if you think you know that you want to buy a particular type of road bike, you will want to make sure that this is the right type of bike for you.
- First, make sure that a road bike will fit your purposes. If you want a road bike because you will only ride on paved roads, and if you are looking for endurance rather than racing, then you are probably choosing the right type of bike. However, if you want to race or ride on trails, you may want to consider a racing bike or mountain bike.
- Next, check out different types of road bikes online. There are many types, from roadster bikes meant for light travel to hybrid bikes that are multi-functional and appropriate for some unpaved roads. Try to match up the type with the type of riding you will be doing.
- Once you have a particular type of road bike in mind, compare prices. You may initially want a particular brand, but then decide after doing some research that another brand fits your budget better. Or you may think that you want a touring bike but then decide that you want a roadster instead.
- Try out different brands that fit the road bike model that you want. You will need to go to an actual bike shop for this step. You can also ask a friend if you can try out her bike. You may find that what looks good on the internet isn't quite right when you try it out in person.
- Once you know that a particular bike is the right bike for you, try to find a deal. Search online classifieds and auction websites for cheap bikes. You may even want to try garage sales or city auctions. And, if you prefer to purchase a new bike from a real person, you can always buy a road bike from a bike shop.