How To Buy Skate Skis
Need to know how to buy skate skis? Properly fitting skate skis will provide both comfort and safety while on the slopes. If you do your homework and go into the store knowing what you need, your feet will thank you!
- Determine your height in centimeters. You can do this by measuring your height in inches, and then multiplying that number by 2.54.
- Add fifteen centimeters to the number obtained in step one. This will give you an estimate of the size of skate skis that will best suit your body size.
- Set a budget. Skate skis vary quite a bit in price. Setting a limit on what you are willing to spend will help to eliminate some of the options.
- Evaluate your skate skiing ability. Beginning skate skiers should choose a ski that is somewhat shorter than the measurement obtained earlier, while more advanced skate skiers can choose a larger ski. Larger skis will allow expert skiers to move with more ease on the slopes, while smaller skis will prevent skiers from getting out of control.
- Find a good skate ski shop. Even though you may believe you know what type of skate skis you need, an expert can always provide some extra insight. Ask your friends or family members to recommend a skate ski shop that they have used in the past.
- Try on some skate skis. The only way to find a good pair of skate skis is to try them on. Put on a variety of different pairs to find one that fits you best.
Posted on: Jun. 30, 2010