Have you wondered how to buy a slipcover for a sofa? Slipcovers are available in stores or online in stretch, fitted and non-fitted. Non-fitted or adjustable slipcovers (sometimes called furniture throws) are made for irregular shaped sofas or for a casual room. Non-fitted slipcovers may simply be a piece of fabric or fabric plus elasticized ruffle around the bottom of the sofa. To buy a fitted slipcover for a sofa, you will need the sofa measurements. Also determine if your sofa is a tight back (single attached cushion on the back), attached pillow back (two or more attached cushions on the back) or a loose pillow back. Count the number of seat cushions your sofa has to buy the correct slipcover.
What you'll need:
- Tape measure
- Measure the length of the sofa from the outer most point to the outer most point.
- Measure the height of the sofa from the spring to the top of the sofa back.
- Measure the seat area whether single or multiple cushions.
- Measure the side of the sofa for depth.
Measure from floor to the top of the seating area (minus cushions).
- Count the number of back and seat pillows for individual cushion covering. If purchasing a stretch slipcover, make sure the fabric you choose is washable. Shrinkage may render your slipcover useless after a wash.
Use your measurements to buy a slipcover online, by phone or at a store. Department stores carry a great selection of solids and designs, though a wider selection is available online. Pricing is between $24 to $100 for ready made slipcovers. A professional can tailor make a slipcover if you want a certain fabric not available elsewhere. However, pricing will be considerably higher.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.