How To Buy Suits For Weddings Properly
Whether you're in the wedding or you're just a guest, you want to look your best in a suit, so learn how to buy suits for weddings. After all, you don't want to hear the bride groan about your outfit a year later when she's paging through the wedding pictures. Follow these tips on how to buy suits for weddings, and you'll be certain to be the best-dressed dude in attendance.
Things You'll Need
- A little style sense
- An eye for color
- A wad of cash or sufficient credit card
- Ask the bride or groom what the wedding colors are. Try to pick a shirt or tie that will coordinate with the theme. This is less crucial if you're not the best bud or aren't in the wedding.
- Choose a suit that matches with the dress shoes you already own. Unless you want to be searching for dress shoes, too, the best way to buy suits for weddings is to just pick one that goes with something already taking up space in your closet.
- Check out a wedding consignment shop. If this is a one-time suit purpose and you don't plan on going to any more weddings in the near future, getting a suit one other guy has also worn once isn't the end of the world. It'll save you big bucks and you won't feel bad about ditching it later to make some spare room in your closet.
- Have a price in mind before you go buy suits for weddings. Try not to exceed your price threshold unless it's the perfect suit and you just can't live without it. Or, unless there aren't any other options.
- Go shopping with a buddy. Guys usually hate clothes shopping as it is, so shopping with someone else will take the edge off the boredom and infuse some camaraderie. Plus, you can get each others' opinions on how good a suit looks. Or you'll just remind each other of how much weight you'll need to lose to fit into that Gucci pinstripe wedding suit.
- Don't get too fancy. Unless the invitation said Black or White Tie Formal, you don't have to get all gussied up. A gray or regular black suit will work fine.