Catering can be an expensive business to run and if you're just starting out, you don't have much money to spend so know how to buy a used catering truck wisely. Beginning caterers may want to consider purchasing a used catering truck. By keeping some basic guidelines in mind, you can learn how to buy a used catering truck.
- Determine your budget. This will help you determine the size, make and year of the catering truck which you will be able to purchase.
- Discuss your plans with current caterers. These individuals will be able to tell you exactly what you need and should be looking for when purchasing a used catering truck. They may also be able to advise you on potential sellers.
- When you finally find a used truck that you are interested in, bring a mechanic along for a final once-over. If for some reason the seller prevents mechanics from going to the lot, ask to take the truck to them before a final sale.
- Find out about any insurance policies or guarantees associated with the used truck. Will the seller guarantee the truck for a certain period of time? Will they provide a loaner if it breaks down?
- Check out all of the catering equipment in the truck. This includes the coffee machine, steam trays and fans. Make sure all of the equipment is in working order, and any potential repairs appear to be minimal.
- Test drive the truck. Since you will be spending large amounts of time in the truck, you must feel comfortable driving in it. Make sure you are easily able to maneuver the truck into small spaces, and all rearview mirrors are effective.
- Assuming the truck is up to par, give an offer. Typically, an offer of 20% below the sales price is a good starting place. However, if the truck requires any repairs, lower the offer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.