How To Buy A Used Harley Sportster
Are you ready to learn how to buy a used Harley Sportster? Buying a used Harley Sportster is not hard to do but you want to make sure that the Harley Sportster you buy is not stolen, that it is safe to ride, and that it is in good operating condition. There are several methods you can use to find out how to buy a used Harley. The Sportster has been produced since 1957 and it is one of Harley-Davidson most popular product lines. Evel Knievel used the XR-750 Sporster to jump 133 ft in 1975.
Things you’ll need:
- Helmet and Eyewear and Gloves
- Motorcycle Insurance
- Harley Sportster Mechanic/Inspector
- Motorcycle Safety Training
- Internet Access
- Make sure you have a motorcycle license before you try to learn how to buy a Harley Sportster motorcycle. Contact the local Harley-Davidson dealership manager and ask him how to buy a used Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycle. Listen to what the dealership manager says very carefully and write the information down and request his business card or contact information.
- Decide how much money you can afford to spend to help you buy a used Harley Sportster. Determine exactly how much money you want to spend on a used Harley Sportster and also think about what style and type you want to buy and stay within your budgeted amount. Check local newspapers classified ads sections and subscribe to a Harley-Davidson magazine or a Harley-Davidson newsletter to help you learn how to buy a used Harley Sportster.
- Locate Harley-Davidson Sportster motorcycles to help you buy a used Harley Sportster. Check the VIN number on the bike against the title numbers and make sure that they match, if they do not match, do not buy the bike and keep searching. Test drive the Harley Sportster. Make an offer to the dealer, private owner, or in some cases the auctioneer.
- Determine how you want to pay for your used Harley Sportster. Decide if you want to pay cash or get financing. Ask question about the Harley Sportster history and check the mileage and try to find out if it was ever involved in an accident if you can. Pay for your Harley Sportster and enjoy the ride.