How To Buy A Used Piano
Piano's are beautiful instruments, both physically and audibly. Many people long for a piano to play or just as a show piece but they do not have the money to invest in a new one, this is when knowing how to buy a used piano comes in handy. Pianos are intricate instruments so there are important steps to take before committing to a purchase. Fully equip yourself with the proper knowledge on how to buy a used piano before you make the investment.
Things you will need:
- A piano technician
- Transportation(to get the piano to your home)
- Do your research. If you already know the type of piano you want then you are headed for success, however if you do not, then you need to research pianos to determine the type you want. There are different manufacturers, different styles and so much more to take into consideration. Only buy a used piano once you know exactly what you are interested in.
- Ask the pros. Once you have a better understanding of the type of used piano you want, ask the right people questions about pianos. Consider asking someone who plays professionally or is well trained where you can buy a good one. Also consider asking them to go along with you when you make your purchase.
- Once you have found the used piano, find out its history. There are plenty of questions that need to be asked to let you know the condition and the lifetime of the used piano. Find out who played on it, children or adults. Find out how long it was used for and what it was used for-a piano that was used as decoration will be in different condition than one that was played every day. Find out the year it was made, if it has had any major repairs and the expected life remaining on the used piano depending on how you will use it.
- Test it out. Before you purchase your used piano, make sure that all of the keys work, and nothing jams or is broken. Play a song to make sure the piano works the way you like. Also take it to a piano technician, they can inspect the parts and let you know if you are investing in a lemon or not.