Need to know how to buy vintage clothing? Buying vintage clothing is not as easy of a task as buying non-vintage clothing. This is because there are many things that need to be checked to make sure the vintage clothing you are buying is still of good quality.
- Always check for wear and tears in the clothing. This is mainly because of the fact that vintage clothes are used, so depending on the previous owner and how often and where the clothing was worn, there can be a significant amount of damage.
- Be cautious of faded material. If the garment in question has faded material, this can be for a number of reasons, including the age or the washing or handling of the garment. Also, dark-colored garments tend to fade due to washing more than light-colored garments.
- Be aware of stains and odors on clothing. This is a major problem with most vintage clothing. If the garment has stains or odors, these tend to be very hard to get rid of because of the age of the garment. The severity of the stains and odors will determine whether or not it is worth purchasing the garment.
- Vintage clothing with deteriorated fabric should be avoided. Depending on the age of the vintage clothing, many garments cannot withstand much more wear after so many years. Always check the clothing to make sure that the quality of the garment is still up to your standards to make sure it does not fall apart with wear.
- Torn clothing should be avoided if possible. The problem with trying to repair vintage clothing is that some of the clothing, due to its age, cannot withstand the tugging and pulling of fabric that comes with mending. Most of the time, trying to repair vintage clothing damages the clothing even more than it was previously.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...