How To Call Mexico
Do you need to call Mexico but don't know how to make the call? So long as you know to first dial the U.S. exit code and then dial the country code for Mexico, you shouldn't have any problems making your call. However, remember that international calls can be costly, so you may want to look into your options for cheap rates to call Mexico. You will also want to be aware of any time difference so that you don't end up with an angry person on the other end of the phone.
To call Mexico, you will need:
- A phone
- A calling card or internet access (for cheaper rates)
- Find a cheap calling rate for Mexico. Most regular phone plans charge a lot of money for international phone calls. For cheaper calls, consider buying a phone card from a company offering cheap rates to Mexico. You may also consider placing your call via the internet through a VoIP service.
- Check the time difference for the place in Mexico that you are calling. If you are unsure of what the local time is there, you can check online at a website that shows the time difference for international locations.
- Dial the U.S. exit code, which is 011. Dial the country code for Mexico, which is 52.
- Dial the area code and telephone number for Mexico. Telephone numbers in Mexico are typically ten digits long.
- If your call isn't connecting for some reason, consider dialing the international operator. The number for the international operator is "00."