We all love to do a little gambling every now and then and what a better way to practice than to learn to build your own practice craps table. Not only will building your own craps table give you practice, but you will not be losing your own money to your homemade craps table. Making a craps table can be a great addition to those Poker Buddy nights. Here you find the steps to making your own practice craps table.
- Hot Glue Gun
- A round table approximately 36 inches by 72 inches
- A Craps Layout in Felt
- Staple Gun
- 24 Pieces of Cardboard
- Start out by purchasing a round table that meets the measurements of 36 inches by 72 inches, and then visit a hobby store to purchase the layout for the Craps board. If you do not have a hobby store in your area there are some layouts that are provided for purchase online.
- Take the Craps layout and lay it face down, and take the round table and place the top of the table down onto the craps layout. Make sure you properly measure the layout with the table to ensure that the middle of the layout matches the middle of the table.
- Using the staple gun fold back the craps layout over the edge of the underside of the round table and staple into place. Repeat this process until the layout is completely secured to the round table. You want to make your staples are approximately 2 1/2 inches apart from one another.
- Next you need to make sure there are not loose areas to your craps table so turn the table over and inspect the craps layout. If there happens to be a loose spot that you missed while stapling you can smooth it out and add in an extra staple if necessary.
- The next step to complete on the list is to use an exacto knife and cut out 24 pieces of 36 inches long and 18 inches wide.
- When the cardboard pieces have been cut out glue them into set of four using the hot glue gun. This should make it so you will end up with six sets of rectangles. You need to also make sure that you let the glue dry for approximately four hours.
- Once the glue has dried using your staple gun you can now start stapling the cardboard to the craps table. When doing this make sure that the top of the cardboard stands approximately twelve inches above the craps table. You have now completed building your practice craps table.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.