How Can I Fade My Own Jeans?
Those who admire the look of worn jeans often wonder, how can I fade my own jeans? Denim clothing comes in various washings and styles that include the faded style. Learning to add a fade effect to clothing gives them a unique look. If you are ready to learn the answer of how can I fade my own jeans, then follow the simple instructions below.
To fade jeans, you will need:
- Laundry detergent
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- Hanger or clothes line
- Soaking blue jeans. Add denim pants and detergent in the washing machine to let soak for up to two and a half hours. An important part of the how can I fade my own jeans task is to submerge the pants in water to lighten their color.
- Temperature matters. Use warm water for soaking as the how can I fade my own jeans project continues. The warmth of the water is important in helping remove the tint of the denim.
- Wash cycle. Allow jeans to have a normal washing after the soak. As the cleaning cycle ends, decide on how you want to dry the pants by following the instructions below.
The drying process has more than one option listed below:
-For more fading. Allow denim jeans to dry in direct sunlight as you continue the how can I fade my own jeans experiment. The sun is a natural way to lighten your jeans.
-No fading, air method. Allowing the pants to air dry on a hanger of clothing line ensures that the fabric will not shrink
-No fading, dryer method. Clothes dryers should be used to remove some of the wetness, before air drying. Limiting the use of dryers prolongs the usability of your jeans.
- For regular washings use cold water
- Dry cleaning keeps fabric from further fading