How Can I Get A Job As A Veterinary Assistant?
Ever ask yourself ,"How can I get a job as a veterinary assistant?" In this line of work, you will be assisting the veterinarian in an animal clinic. You’ll be examining pets for injuries and illnesses. Prepare yourself to hold or restrain animals and also to administer medication to pets.
- Earn a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Take courses in general science, math, biology and English. Studying these courses will prove to be useful in this field of study.
- Enroll in a veterinary assistant program. Acquire a certificate or diploma in veterinary assistance or a similar field. Improve your chances by attaining a Veterinary Technician degree.
- Visit a local veterinarian in your area and volunteer. Work with the veterinarian and learn the techniques he uses to work with animals to help you get a job as a veterinary assistant. Prepare a list of questions and ask him how you can get a job as a veterinary assistant and follow his advice.
- Write a resume and a cover letter. Inform the veterinarian that you really enjoy working in this field and you would really like to work in his facility. If the veterinarian does not have an opening, ask him is there another veterinarian in the area that may be able to hire you.
- Network with and call veterinarians in your area. Contact animal shelters in your area to see if there are job openings. Utilize you schools job placement office as a resource to assist you in your search to find a job as a veterinary assistant.