Are you asking yourself, "how can I reset my Range Rover warning lights? It is easy to reset the warning lights on a vehicle. Computerized vehicles can have problems with warning lights. Many times, you do not know if the warning lights are warnings or malfunctions. You can figure this out with one simple and easy test.
Things You Will Need:
- A wrench
- You had your Range Rover serviced and brought it home. After a few hundred miles, your warning lights lit up your dashboard. You do not want to go back to the dealer and spend more money on repairs. There are other things you can do yourself, before you take your Range Rover to the dealer.
- Open the hood of your vehicle. Secure the hood with the safety bar. Take your wrench and disconnect the negative cable on the battery. Wait for at least five minutes and reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
- Put the hood down. Get in your Range Rover and start it up. The warning lights should have disappeared. You more than likely have a problem with the ECU. Your vehicle may have a recall on the ECU. Range Rover will get in touch with you and the dealer will have to replace it at their cost. If not, this is the first test to see if you have gotten rid of the warning lights.
- Drive your vehicle as you normally would drive it. If the lights come back on, try the next test.
- Go to a local auto parts store. Ask them to check the codes in your vehicle. Ask them what the codes mean. The codes will tell you if something needs repairing on your Range Rover. If it is simple, do it yourself. While you are there, ask the technician (store employee) to remove the codes from your Range Rover. This will shut off the Range Rover warning lights.
- If the problem persists, you will need to go to the dealer. The ECU will have to be replaced by the dealer.
- Check with Range Rover to see if there are any recalls on your vehicle
- Make sure you know which cable on your battery is Negative. The battery will show you which side is negative and which side is positive
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.