How Can A Person Record TV On Vista?
Wondering how can a person record TV on Vista? It's time to ditch the Digital Video Recorder (DVR) and learn how to record your TV shows on your computer using Vista. Recording TV using Vista isn’t difficult.
- Connect a TV tuner to your computer. This is needed to connect your cable line or TV antenna to your computer. If your computer does not already have a TV tuner you can buy one to connect to the USB ports on your computer. Shop around to find the best deals.
- Connect your cable line or TV antenna to the TV tuner. You connect this the same way you would connect to your television. You don't have to leave this connected all of the time if you are doing a one time recording.
- Open Windows Media Center. Click the windows icon in the lower left corner, then click programs. There you will find Windows Media Center.
- Once in Windows Media Center Scroll over to "TV". This is where you can also make the choice to watch a movie if you have one inserted in your computer.
- If you are recording live TV select that, if you are scheduling a recording select "Guide". For live TV select record while the program is airing. To schedule a recording right click the program you want, and click "record." If you want to record a series find it under the guide and click "record series."
- To search for a program click "search" after clicking on TV. Select the category you want to search, and follow the instructions given for your search. Once you find the program you are searching for, click "record" to begin the recording.
Posted on: Apr. 27, 2010