How Can You Melt Gold Out Of A Ring?
You have a gold ring, and you would like to know how to melt the gold out of your ring. Melting gold out of your gold ring is easy and it can be fun. Once you melt your gold out of your ring, you can form the gold into another piece of jewelry. You can do whatever you want with the gold once you melt it out of your ring.
What You Will Need:
- A crucible-a reactionary container usually made of clay
- Acetylene torch
- Crucible tongs
- Ingot mold or bucket of water
- Leather gloves
- Take your gold ring and put it into a crucible container. The crucible container is a container made of clay. This container is the type of container you use when you want to melt metals. Gold is a soft metal and it will melt perfectly in a crucible.
- Put protective goggles on your face. Put protective leather gloves on your hands. You do not want to burn yourself while you are melting your gold ring.
- Turn on your acetylene torch. Point the torch at your gold ring until the ring melts. Turn off your torch. Now it is time for you to decide what you will do with your melted gold.
- Take your crucible tongs and place the gold into an ingot mold or a cold bucket of water. This step is a step you have to decide. Use your gold in whatever way you want to use it.
- Let the gold cool. You are finished melting the gold out of your ring. Take off your protective goggles and your leather gloves.
- Always use goggles and leather gloves. Melting gold is hot. An acetylene torch is hot. Be safe.
- Decide what you will do with your gold before you melt it.
- Enjoy whatever you made with your gold.