Are you thinking about switching banks and wondering how to cancel a bank account at Chase? There are three ways to cancel your bank account at Chase. Each method is painless and only takes a few minutes out of your day.
To cancel a bank account at Chase, you will need:
- Your Social Security number
- Your address
- Your bank account number
- Your driver's license number
- An account closing form
- In order to cancel your bank account at Chase, you need all of your banking information. Your banking information includes your Social Security number, driver's license number, address and bank account number. Without this information, you will not be able to cancel your bank account with Chase.
- Once you have gathered all the necessary information, you have two options. You can either cancel your Chase account over the phone or at your local branch. If you opt to cancel over the phone, you will not be able to receive the balance of your account. If you do not need your balance to be returned, you can reach Chase's customer care at (800) 935-9935. They will be able to assist you with canceling your account.
- If you need the balance of your account returned when you cancel your account, you need to visit your local Chase branch. Be sure to take all of your banking information with you when you go to the bank. Once there, ask to speak with a customer service representative that can assist you in canceling your bank account.
- Once you have signed the necessary forms to cancel your account at Chase, ask the representative for a closing statement for your account. You may need this information in the future.
- The final way to close a Chase account is to fill out an Account Closing Form. The form is available on the Chase website, or you can contact Chase's customer service to have one mailed to you. After filling out the form, mail it in or fax it to Chase.
Canceling an account at Chase is practically easier than opening the account. If you opt to reopen your account, simply contact Chase to do so.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.