If you are a current customer of Discover credit card, knowing how to cancel Discover credit cards is a must. Regardless of how long you have been with Discover, you are entitled to cancel your credit card anytime you want. However, certain rules and restrictions will apply to your cancellation request. The following instructions will show you how to cancel Discover Credit Cards.
To cancel Discover Credit Cards, you will need:
- Your Discover credit card
- Discover credit card customer service phone number (1-800-DISCOVER)
- Your Mother's maiden name
- Your last 4 digits of Social Security Number (SSN)
- Your Date of Birth (DOB)
- Your phone number
- Your physical address
- Your cancellation reason
- Confirm your current Discover account balance is zero. The first step to cancel Discover credit cards is to make sure that your account has no outstanding balance. If you have more than one Discover credit cards that you want to cancel, you must do the same thing to all of them. You can find out your current account balance immediately by calling 1-800-DISCOVER. The sooner you pay off all the outstanding balances, the quicker you can get the cancellation process started.
- Request your Discover credit card cancellation over the phone. Once you have paid off all the outstanding balances, now you can call 1-800-DISCOVER in order to cancel Discover credit cards with one of their representatives. Make sure that you have your Discover card ready since the representative will be asking for all your basic account information such as your name, physical address, phone number, account number, Mother's maiden name, DOB, last 4 digits of SSN, etc. After the representative has pulled up your account, you will be asked for the cancellation reason. At this point, the representative will give you a confirmation code for the cancellation. You should write it down on paper for future reference. Make some brief notes on the cancellation like the representative's name, time of the call, etc.
- Destroy your Discover credit card. After you have cancelled your Discover credit cards, you should destroy them in the shredder immediately. This is strictly for security purposes in case of any identity thefts or robberies. Before doing so, it is wise to write down all your account numbers on paper and safeguard them.
Canceling Discover credit cards is a very easy process as long as you follow these three steps. Keep in mind that there are rules and restrictions that you must comply with in order to make the cancellation happen. Once you have met these regulations, you are free to cancel your Discover credit cards.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.