How To Cancel Xbox Live
When you finally get sick of playing "Call of Duty" or get frustrated and ragequit in "Marvel vs. Capcom 3," You will want to know how to cancel Xbox Live. Xbox Live is the name of the online service for the Xbox 360 that grants you access to early demos and allows you to play games online. At around ten dollars a month, the online service can really add up. There comes a time when everyone gets sick of playing a game on Xbox Live and wants to cancel their subscription. Some may not find Xbox Live to be worth the money. Unfortunately, there is only one way to cancel Xbox Live. Microsoft used to let you turn off auto renewal through their website, but for some reason decided to discontinue this option.
To cancel Xbox Live, you will need:
- Your Xbox Live gamer tag.
- Access to your Xbox 360.
- The last four digits of the card used for payment or the answer to your secret question.
- The full name of the Xbox Live account holder.
- The billing adress or phone number for your card.
- Call Microsoft support. This is the only way to cancel your Xbox Live account these days. The number for Microsoft support is (800) 4MY-XBOX or (800) 469-9269. Microsoft's support can be notoriously slow, so this may take some time. You will be asked to select the reason for calling. This can be done by pressing the button associated with "Xbox Live" and "cancelling my account." From here, you will be connected to the first agent available. Since they need to make sure you are the owner of the account you are trying to cancel, they will ask for the information in the supply list above. After these questions are answered and you are confirmed as the owner of the account, they will turn off auto renewal on your Xbox Live account. This means that you can still play until your next payment date, when it will finally cancel.
If you want to avoid jumping through all these hoops, just buy a timecard from any store that sells electronics. You can get one month time cards for around ten dollars. They do not auto renew.