Do you know how to care for antique straight razors? The straight razor is a popular collectors item which needs to be properly cared for. First of all, do you know what it is made of? The blades are made of steel, which means you will need to take extra care of them to keep your razors in decent condition.
- Sharpening stone
- Steel wool
- Mineral oil
- Soft, white eraser
- Soft, bristle brush
- Dry cloth
- Store your antique straight razors in a well-ventilated room. It should not be too damp or too dry, too hot or too cold. Wherever you choose to keep them, it’s very important to make sure the air is circulating around your razors.
- Keep your antique straight razors away from water. Any liquids they come into contact with will cause them to rust. Also, harsh substances (such as bleach) are not recommended for cleaning, as they will cause damage.
- Do not use metal polishes on your antique straight razor. Not only will they damage the surface, they will leave a residue that may harm the blade and handle.
- Use a sharpening stone to sharpen your antique straight razors. To remove rust from the blade, use steel wool to gently get rid of rust. Prevent contact with the handle, since steel wool may scratch it.
- Clean the blade of your antique straight razors with rubbing alcohol. Use a Q-tip to degrease the blade and apply a thin coat of mineral oil. Wipe the excess oil off the blade with a dry cloth.
- Clean the handle of your antique straight razors with a white vinyl eraser. Wipe away eraser bits with a soft bristle brush. Do not use water to clean a wooden handle.
If you follow these steps to care for your antique straight razors, they should last for many years to come. They are popular collectors’ items which need to be cared for properly if you want them to last a long time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.