How To Care For Children's Ski Goggles
Do you want to know how to care for children´s ski goggles? It´s not only that kids are full of energy and the go around a lot. They also pay little attention to their gear, because they have more important things to do, like playing around on the snow. So it´s up to the parents to care for their children´s ski goggles.
You'll need the following.
- A scratch free rag
- A goggle box or bag
- A clip
- Attach the goggles to the helmet. Use a clip to link the children´s ski goggles to the back loop of the helmet. This way, your kid will not loose any of both, because as soon as he walks out to the cold, he will find out that his head is quite cold.
- Use a scratch free rag to clean the lenses periodically. Children are more likely to wear their goggles if they can see through them. So keeping the children´s ski goggles clean is a good way to avoid their loss.
- When not in use, keep the children´s ski goggles inside a bag or goggle box. This way the lenses will not get scratched during travel and storage.
- Store the goggles properly during the off season. A dry place is ideal to keep the goggles safe. Also, when travelling, placing the goggles inside ski boots will provide some extra protection.
- If the goggles seem too dirty after the season, disassemble and clean them thoroughly. Even the leash may need a wash. Don´t hesitate to put the fabric leashes in the washing machine.
- Check the condition of the seal between the two lenses. It´s critical that moisture does not intrude the space between both lenses to preserve the anti fog capabilities of your children´s ski goggles. If you see cracks, cover them with a silicon sealant, making sure you don´t let material over the front of the lenses.
Being able to re use your children´s ski goggles for more than one season is sure to save you some money, but it´s also a chance to teach your children how to care for their own stuff, and notice the value of things.