Learn about how to care for water resistant watches so your investment will last longer. Watches that are water resistant are great since you can wear them while showering or swimming if that is approved by the manufacturer. Some water resistant watches are made specifically for swimming and diving and others are not. Caring for these watches is key to getting long life and reliable service from them.
To care for water resistant watches, you will need:
- Care instructions for water resistant watch
- Soft cloth
- Read the water resistant watch's instructions. The water resistant watch will come with instructions on how to care for it. Since all products are a little different, it's important to become familiar with your specific watch and what the manufacturer says to do to care for your watch. Read the instructions before wearing your watch and follow the specific directions for care.
- Remove your water resistant watch as recommended. Not all water resistant watches are made for diving or swimming or even being exposed to hot tubs or other extreme conditions. Read your directions for use and follow them to keep the warranty valid.
- Wash the water resistant watch. It's usually fine to wash the watch with water and a soft cloth as needed. Again, check the manufacturer's instructions for proper care of specific watches. If your watch has a rotating bezel, you need to turn the bezel while cleaning it to move any materials that may have gotten inside, like salt from salt water. Rinse the watch after swimming or if you get hair spray or cologne on it to protect the outside of your watch.
- Check the gaskets. Over time the gaskets on water resistant watches can wear out and leak water into the inner workings of the watch. These gaskets are seals that make your water resistant watch resist water. Have the gaskets checked after about two years and replace them when necessary.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …