The following guide will help you learn how to carpet a van. There are many reasons you may need to carpet your van, such as stains or holes in the existing carpet. Carpeting a van is a simple process that takes a fairly short amount of time. Follow the steps below to carpet a van.
To carpet a van, you will need:
- Your van
- A carpet cutter
- A tape measure
- Spray adhesive
- The first step to carpeting a van is to remove the seats. This will allow you to have a clean workspace.
If the van already has carpet you will need to remove it. To remove the old carpet, you will need to use the carpet cutter and a crowbar to force the carpet off the floor of the van. Old carpet should not be too difficult to remove.
- Use a tape measure to determine the dimensions of the floor of the van. It's important that you also record the dimensions of any area that you do not want to have carpet, such as the seat tracks. It may help to make a diagram of how you want to carpet the van, including any spaces that should be left without carpet.
- Cut the insulation and the carpet to fit the plans you have created for your van's carpet.
- Use spray adhesive to attach the insulation, then the carpeting. The spray adhesive must work on both fabric and metal or else your van's carpet will not stick.
Leave the carpet alone until the spray adhesive is dry.
- Reattach the van's seats and you have successfully carpeted your van.