How To Carve Designs In Grip Tape
People who want their boards to reflect their style will learn how to carve designs in grip tape. An original grip design brings attention to your skills as a rider and creativity. To have a board that represents you all it takes is in an easy process with unique grip tape that you choose.
To carve designs in grip tape, you will need:
- A sheet of grip tape
- Cardstock or other stiff paper to make template
- Created or found design
- Utility knife
- Discover a design. Create or find a template for your board as the first step in how to carve designs in grip tape. Use a creation that can be easily replicated with cut-outs.
- Make a sketch on the sheet. Place the grip tape on a table or other surface with the paper -backing side up. Employ a pencil to trace the design on the grit backing while achieving how to carve designs in grip tape.
- Slice the grit. Operate a utility knife to cut out areas of the grit that you want to reveal the board’s deck. Application of a blade instrument is essential in the how to carve designs in grip tape method.
- Prepare for placement. Lay the grit on the board with paper backing still attached. Use a pencil to trace and create a schema on the deck for where to apply the tape. Review your design for accuracy before moving on to the final stage of the how to carve designs in grip tape activity.
- Apply the tape. Remove the backing from the sheet and attach the grip sheet to your board. Use the pencil markers to ensure correct placement as you complete the how to carve designs in grip tape process.