Learn how to carve a watermelon basket and impress all your party guest. Watermelon can be carved differently, but carving watermelon basket can display your fruit beautifully and make the fruit irresistible to eat. It doesn't take a master chef to carve a watermelon basket, you too can do it by following the instructions below.
Here is what you will need to carve a watermelon basket:
- large ripe watermelon
- cutting board/butcher block
- large sharp kitchen knife
- small sharp kitchen knife
- bite size fruit
- With a large kitchen knife, cut the watermelon in half. If you would like the watermelon basket to have a handle, then leave about an inch of watermelon on the top of one of the halves. This piece should be connected to the other half of the watermelon, so be careful and take your time.
- Cut the remaining watermelon off. Remove all the seed and watermelon from your basket. It should basically just be the watermelon's shell now. Cut the left over pieces of watermelon into small bite size pieces, they can be added to the watermelon basket when it is finished.
- Scallop the edges of the watermelon with a small sharp kitchen knife. It is not necessary to scallop the handle. You can scallop using triangle cuts or round cuts, whichever you prefer.
- Add your watermelon pieces and other bite size fruit to the basket. The watermelon basket is now ready to put on display and serve. It looks difficult to carve a watermelon basket, but it just takes time and patience.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.