Fishing for catfish is extremely fun and exciting and knowing how to catch catfish will make fishing a little easier. Catfish are great for filleting and eating. Many people often ask how do you catch catfish? It is simple if you know the ins and outs of catfish. In this article, I will show you how to catch a catfish. So the next time you go fishing try some of the ideas and see if you catch a big fish.
- Know where catfish reside. Catfish love to hang out in waters that have trees and logs. They like to hang out in water that goes from shallow to deep.
- Choosing the right bait when you fish for catfish. Good bait to use is night crawlers, minnows, gold fish and chicken liver.
- Cut bait is a great source for reeling in big catfish. Make sure to use the right size cut bait for the size catfish you want. The smaller the cut bait the smaller the catfish. Perch make great cut bait for fishing in rivers.
- If you have a boat, make sure to have a fish finder aboard. This helps to pin point locations of the fish.
- Become familiar with the area you will be fishing, so you can learn the habitat of the fish.
- Catfish love cheese, so next time try cheddar or American cheese and see if you reel in a big cat.
- Dough bait is another great source for reeling in a big catfish. Most any bread will work.