How To Catch A Leprechaun
It sure would be nice toknow how to catch a leprechaun and find his pot of gold. Leprechauns are tricky little creatures. In order to catch one, you have to be at the top of your game. One false move and the lucky guy is gone. Leprechauns are a bit like fairies. They have magical powers, making them extremely hard to catch. The legend says leprechauns are shoemakers who enjoy drinking. Leprechauns avoid us because they are afraid we will steal their treasure. If you catch one, he has no choice but to offer his treasure in exchange for freedom.
In order to catch a leprechaun, you need:
- Two pieces of green felt
- Clay in the colors of the rainbow
- Utility knife
- Gold foiled coins
- Small container
- Go outside to a grassy area. Your own backyard is the perfect place to set your trap. Clear away dirt and grass from the selected area. Use an area no bigger than the size of the felt. Dig deep enough to place the container in the dirt. Lay one piece of green felt over the container. With the utility knife, cut a small slit in the felt. This will act as a trap door. When the leprechaun mistakenly runs across the felt, he will fall into the container.
- Cover your tracks. Add a bit of the dirt and grass you cleared away to the top of your felt trap. Using the remaining piece of green felt, cut out a few shamrocks. Keep them small, no more than an inch. Tape them to the toothpicks. Stick the shamrocks into the grass the trap.
- Entice the little fellow. Leprechauns love rainbows. No real leprechaun can resist. Use the clay to create a rainbow. Place the rainbow behind your trap. The mischievous creatures are also known for taking risks. Create a few warning signs saying "Caution" and "Do Not Enter", using the cardboard and markers. Glue these to the toothpicks, too. Set them near the trap. Leprechauns are always in search of more loot. Create a trail of gold coins leading to your trap.
- Watch and wait. Be sure to go unnoticed. Check the trap every few hours. Once you got him, don't let him out of your sight.