How To Cater A Birthday Party For Your Girlfriend
Wondering how to cater a birthday party for your girlfriend? Start with her friends and finish with cake. The truth is, most women will be happy just to know you thought of planning a party for them.
- Women love chocolate. Anytime you need to cater a party for a woman, make sure chocolate is on the menu. Think outside the box. Consider chocolate drinks and chocolate-filled crepes, not just boxes of chocolate or chocolate bars.
- Cocktails. Beer is too filling and wine can be boring. On your girlfriend’s birthday, make sure there are fun, fruity cocktails to go around. Consider caprioskas, mint juleps, strawberry margaritas and vanilla martinis. The more ingredients, the better and the sweeter, the better.
- Keep dinner light. On her birthday, your girlfriend is probably going to want to eat cake and chocolate and have drinks. She is not going to want to worry about the calories in her entrée. Serve sautéed veggies, salads or healthy soups and leave the carbs for another day.
- Make the cake special. Think about her favorite flavors. Does she go for coconut or is she a traditional vanilla girl? Find out in advance what kind of cake she prefers and make sure to get enough to eat leftovers all week.
- Her friends. The most important thing to remember when catering a birthday party for your girlfriend is inviting her friends. Do it all yourself—find their phone numbers or set up a private Facebook page for the event—and your girlfriend will be all smiles.
Posted on: May. 05, 2010