Learning how to chainsaw your bicycle is easier than most people think. First seen as a joke, this is rapidly becoming more and more popular. This is an easy way to cut down on the cost of fuel for your car or motorcycle. It also does not require a driver’s license because the motor is less than 50 cc’s.
- Running chainsaw
- Welding helmet
- Welding apron or jacket
- Welding gloves
- Steel plate
- The first thing you will need to do is decide where to weld a bracket to hold the chainsaw motor on your bicycle. The motor will need to sit so that the spindle rests on the tire.
- Mark where the weld needs to be. This is very important because if the spindle does not have enough contact, it will not rotate the bicycle tire. Too much and the tire will rupture or the motor will burn out trying to move too much resistance.
- Weld steel plate in place. Make sure the area you are working in is adequately ventilated and that you are wearing all of the equipment needed to weld safely.
- Remove chain bar from chainsaw. That part of the chainsaw will not be used for this adaptation of a chainsaw motored bicycle.
- Mount chainsaw on steel plate. Make sure that the spindle has the right amount of contact with the tire.
- If you do not know how to weld yourself, most colleges have welding classes. You could probably get one of the students to weld your chainsaw motored bicycle for you.
- You can get items welded at welding supply stores to chainsaw motor your bicycle.
- You can add traction material to the spindle to get a better grip on the tire for rotation.
- One good, inexpensive traction material for your chainsaw motored bicycle is a rubber spray for hand tool and sand.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...