You want to know how to change the air filter in a 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner. Changing the air filter in the 2006 Stratoliner is a good amount of work. Changing the air filter is an important job; you need to do it to keep your 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner running smoothly.
Things You Will Need:
- Allen wrenches
- Socket set w/ wrench
- Key to your 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
- New air filter
- You will have to remove the seat from your 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner. Take the key and remove the seat. You will have to shut off the fuel at the shut off valves. Disconnect the vent line.
- You have made it to the gas tank. You can completely remove the gas tank if you want. There will be two bolts connected to the seat and another support bolt. Remove all of them and pull the gas tank out. You can disconnect the hose from the fuel line or leave it intact. Leaving the fuel line intact will keep you from spilling a bunch of fuel. Take the loose gas tank and place it on a chair or something comparable. This is where your option comes in. You can disconnect the hose and completely remove the gas tank. This is your choice.
- The air filter box is under the gas tank. Open up the air filter box and replace the old filter with a new air filter. Close the air filter box.
- Replace the gas tank the same way you took it out of the Yamaha. Reconnect the fuel hose if you decided to disconnect it. Replace the bolts. Replace the seat and the bolts. Turn the fuel lines back on. You have finished changing the air filter in your 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner.
It should be easier to change the air filter the second time you change it. Make sure you are careful with all fuel lines. If you are too rough, eventually they will crack, leak fuel, and you will have to replace them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.