- How To Spray Paint Metal Side View Mirrors
- How To Remove Starter On 1993 Lexus Es300
- How To Replace Starter On A Toyota Echo
- How To Replace Cadillac Escalade Starter
- How To Install A Drive Belt For Toyota Camry 2003
- How To Install A Drive Belt For 2003 Toyota Camry
- How To Check For Vacuum Leaks On Car Engine
How To Change The Air Filter In A Plymouth Neon
Need to know how to change the air filter in a Plymouth Neon? Changing the air filter in a Plymouth Neon is an easy and quick job. A clean air filter keeps dirt and grime out of the engine of your car. A new air filter will make your Plymouth Neon drive better and last longer.
To change the air filter in your Plymouth Neon, you will need:
- A new air filter
- Shop rags
- A shop vac
- Drive to the auto parts store and buy a new air filter for your Plymouth Neon. Drive your Neon home and park it in your driveway. Turn your car off and let it cool off. You do not want to burn yourself on the engine while you change the air filter in your Plymouth Neon.
- Open the hood of your Plymouth Neon and secure it with the safety arm. Look on the passenger side of the engine and find your Plymouth Neon's black air filter housing unit. There are clamps holding the lid on the air filter housing unit. Undo the clamps and lift the top off the air filter-housing unit. Take out the old air filter and throw it into the trash.
- Take your shop rags, dampen them, and clean out the air filter housing unit. Get your shop vac and vacuum out any leaves or sand from the air filter housing unit. You want to make sure you keep all dirt out of your Plymouth Neon's engine.
- Take your new filter and place it into the air filter housing unit. Put the lid back on the air filter housing unit and fasten the clamps back into place. Change your air filter once every fifteen thousand miles.
- Release the safety arm and put the hood back down on your Plymouth Neon. You have replaced the old air filter with a new air filter. Your Plymouth Neon will thank you with better performance and gas mileage.
Posted on: Jun. 27, 2010