- How To Replace The Alternator From A 96 Volkswagen Jetta
- How To Change A Fan Clutch On A Toyota
- How To Change Starter On 1987 Volkswagen Jetta
- How To Build A Windmill Using A Car Alternator
- How To Replace Fuel Pump On '93 Mazda MX-3
- How To Know An Alternator Is Bad In A Car
- Kia Sedona Wheel Bearing Repair Tips
How To Change Alternator Belt For VW 2007 Jetta
When searching how to change alternator belt for VW 2007 Jetta you will find that the Jetta does not have an actual alternator belt. The VW 2007 Jetta has a serpentine belt that runs through other components and a accessory or v-belt. Belts on a Jetta are often changed as maintenance or if otherwise necessary due to breaking, wear and tear, or dry rot.
To change the alternator belt for VW 2007 Jetta, you will need:
- Pencil/paper (or diagram of belt path)
- New Serpentine Belt
- New V-belt (not necessary, but recommended)
- Park VW 2007 Jetta on a level surface. Set parking brake as a safety precaution.
- Before removing the serpentine belt you will remove the auxiliary belt. Remove negative battery cable.
- If you do not have a diagram of the belt path, draw a detailed picture for replacing the belt. Make any needed notes on the diagram.
- Loosen bolts on power steering pump to allow it to slide towards the motor. This relieves the tension on the v-belt and allows it to be removed.
- Remove v-belt belt. Set aside if reusing, along with diagram to reinstall.
- Find the tensioner pulley that is located under the alternator. Pull the tensioner away from the belt slightly to remove the tension and make belt easier to remove. Remove serpentine belt from vehicle.
- Run new serpentine belt around tension and pulleys according to the diagram or drawing. Make sure the tensioner goes back into place.
- Replace v-belt according to the diagram or drawing. Slide power steering pump back and tighten bolts.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable. Close hood and start vehicle to check for squealing or other noises caused by the new belts.
Posted on: May. 21, 2010