Want to know how to change Audi A4 air filter? Changing the air filter on your Audi A4 can be tougher than it is on other cars. However, it is easy enough for you to do it yourself. Follow the instructions and you will have your air filter replaced in no time.
Things You Will Need
- Philips screwdriver
- Flat screwdriver
- Shop Vac
- Small flat screwdriver for smaller screws
- Baby wipes
- Buy a new air filter for your Audi A4 at the auto parts store. Drive home and let your car cool off in the driveway. Lift up the hood of your car and secure it with the arm.
- Remove the protective cover from the air cleaning housing. The air cleaning housing pulls straight up and out.
- Remove the air duct. This comes in two pieces. One part of the air duct connects just over the radiator of your car. The front portion of the air duct is held on to your car by two screws. Remove these screws. Free the back end of the air duct by wiggling it back and forth. It will then come out. Secure the screws.
- Open the box cover. You may have to remove a screw to do this. You can do it without removing the screw. If you remove the screw, secure it.
- There are four clamps holding the upper housing and lower housing together. Pop all four of these clamps. If you cannot see them, use your flashlight for light.
- Lift up the upper housing, remove the old air filter, and replace the new air filter. Put the housing back together. You do this by re-engaging each of the four clamps. Clean the protective rubber with diaper wipes. Diaper wipes clean well, they are soft, and they will not damage your car.
- Vacuum the dirt, sand, and leaves up with your shop Vac. You do not want this dirt to get into your engine and damage it. This step is as important as replacing the air filter.
- Put the air ducts back together. Put the two screws back where they belong. Put the protective cover back on the same way you took it apart. Put your hood back down. You have finished replacing the air filter on your Audi A4.
- Watch out for wires that may be in your way
- Change your air filter every fifteen thousand miles. Change it more often if you drive in very dirty conditions
- Preventive Maintenance will make you car last longer
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.